POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB) : Re: Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 13:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final(?) WBD Logo (101 KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Oct 2000 12:11:21
Message: <39EC7A2A.A7FABF38@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Cris Williams wrote:

> I agree that the letters need shadows.  I will add these when I prepare the
> image for placement on the web site that it was designed for.
>
> You lost me on the other shadow suggestion.  The upper left shadow on which
> plate, the larger one or the small one?  What do you mean by "brighter
> shadow"?  The blue background on the smaller disk is darker at the top
> because it is a gradient.  The smaller disk doesn't cast a shadow because I
> think the image is cleaner without it.  There are two lights casting
> shadows, one light is not as bright as the other.  I realize the shadows are
> kinda harsh, but I think that adds some impact to the logo.  Or maybe not?

Sorry if i was not clear enough, with the dark shadow i meant the shadow the
outer rim of the plate is casting on the plate near the word 'wright'.  With the
lighter shadows i meant the shadows the stuff above the plate is casting on the
plate at the opposite side (lower right, near the T of District)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>